Wow, a year goes by fast! We’ve been working our asses off on 20 YEARS OF MADNESS and it keeps getting better and better. Here’s just some of what we’ve been up to in 2013:
• January 1st: Brought on our incredible editor, Jose Santos.
• February 1st: Added our talented and industrious producer, Kaveh Taherian.
• January–May: Poured through 350 hours of 30MOM archival footage and the 150 hours of doc footage we shot in 2012.
• January–April: Edited the 500 hours of raw footage into the first cut of 20 YEARS OF MADNESS.
• April 24th: Completed the first cut of the doc (four hours long!).
• April 29th: Released the 30 MINUTES OF MADNESS Mix Tape Vol. 1.
• June 14th: Screened a trimmed-down rough cut for 18 of our most trusted LA filmmaker friends and got their indispensable feedback.
• July 21st: Flew back to Michigan for 2 weeks of pickup shooting.
• October 14th: Completed the sixth rough cut and started courting film festivals.
• December 16th: Shot new interviews with the LA cast to augment the latest edit.
We made a ton of progress in 2013, but 2014 has even more in store for 20 YEARS OF MADNESS. Here’s what we’re looking forward to in the coming year…
• January: Handing off the cut to our immensely gifted composing duo, Sam Jones and Alexis Marsh.
• February 1st: Worldwide release of our brand spanking new trailer.
• February 1st: Online premiere of 30 MINUTES OF MADNESS episode 15 for our Kickstarter backers.
• February 15th: Launch of our shiny new website courtesy of our esteemed colleague Tom Roof.
• April: Complete picture-lock of 20 YEARS OF MADNESS.
• April: Hand off the locked picture to our brilliant soundies, Kim Patrick and Baihui Yang for sound design.
• May: Final Mix at Skywalker Sound and color correction.
We still have a lot of work to do, but we’re confident 20 YEARS OF MADNESS will live up to all of your wildest and weirdest expectations! And there’s much more in store for 2014 that we can’t divulge just yet, so keep your eyes on our website and Facebook page for all the latest and greatest.
As always, thank you for your support and enthusiasm for this film!
¡¡HAPPY NEW YEAR!!